Spring Bloom Event
From : May 10th, 2014 - 11:00 am
To : May 10th, 2014 - 05:00 pm
Venue : Lucero Mill - Corning, CA
Phone : 877-330-2190
Fax : (530) 824-1243
Email : [email protected]
Address : 2120 Loleta Avenue Corning, CA 96021
Lucero Olive Oil’s - Fourth Annual - Spring Bloom Event
Grab your picnic baskets and join the Lucero Family for a day at the Mill
Corning, CA – May 8, 2014 Lucero Olive Oil proudly announces their Fourth Annual Spring Bloom Event on Saturday, May 10th. Come out and celebrate the olive bloom with a picnic and a tour of the groves guided by Dewey and Bobby Lucero. Visit with friends and family and learn more about the olive bloom. If you’ve never seen an olive tree in bloom, here is your chance. This year’s event will see the return of the wine garden with over 10 local wineries from around Northern California.
The event starts at 11 AM at the Lucero mill and tasting room and will wrap up at 5 PM. In addition to tours of a heritage olive grove, there will be wine tasting, local artisan food vendors, a Mother’s Day raffle, kids’ zone, and family picnic. During the festivities Lucero Olive Oil will be hosting their annual Case Sale starting at 11:30am, where guests can purchase the last of Lucero Olive Oil’s 2012 award winning harvest for as much as 75% off its original retail prices. The discounted product is in limited supply, so be sure to show up early for the best selection.
Grove tours start at 11:30pm and leave every hour following the first departure. Dewey and his father will explain the bloom and answer questions about olive culture. There will also be a guided tour of a Super High Density grove north of Corning. Tours will begin at the mill, travel to the groves by bus, then return to the mill at the end of the tour. Heritage olive grove tours are priced at $2 per person. Super high density tours are priced at $4 per person. Space is limited, so make your reservations early by calling (530) 824-2190.
The picnic with the Lucero Family starts at noon, and two local artisan food producers will be offering food for purchase. The wine tasting garden will feature local wineries from 11:00am-4:30pm, and is sponsored by Slow Food Shasta Cascade (additional fee for wine tasting). The band, Driver, will be filling the air with live music between noon and 4:30pm. Event parking will be available off-site at the Love’s Travel Stop at 2120 South Avenue and Linnet’s Tire Shop at 1090 99W with shuttle bus service to and from Lucero Olive Oil. The shuttle service will begin at 11AM from each location at designated Lucero shuttle pick-up locations. The shuttle service will conclude at 5:30pm.
Lucero Olive Oil is the result of three generations of olive heritage in Tehama County, producing some of the most award winning extra virgin olive oils in California. The mill and tasting room are open 7 days a week 9am-5pm and are located at 2120 Loleta Ave, just off Highway 99W between Corning and the Truck Stops. During your visit, sample our 14 olive oils on tap and 9 balsamic vinegars, along with a tasty assortment of tapenades, table olives, and mustards. Saturday, May 10th will be packed with activities, and the Lucero family hopes you can join them.
10 Reasons to Attend the fourth annual Spring Bloom Event, May 10th, 2014:
- Lucero family picnic - meet the Lucero family. All three generations of olive growing heritage will be around the event. You can even have Grandpa Tony sign your Anthony's Blend bottle.
- Case Sale - peruse Lucero's award-winning 2012 Harvest of extra virgin olive oils and select balsamic vinegars. Shop products discounted up to 75% off.
- Grove Tours - join Dewey and his father Bobby Lucero on one of our four heritage grove tours, or hop on a shuttle to a Lucero Super High Density grove and let our olive-experts teach you about this innovative, new type of planting.
- Wine Garden - taste local wine from 10 featured local wineries.
- Olive Oil Ice Cream Sundaes - visit the Lucero Parlor and experience an famous olive oil ice cream sundae!
- Local artisan vendors - from flowers, to nuts and soaps we'll have them all.
- Live Music - groove to the beats of one of our favorite local bands - Driver!
- Mother’s Day Raffle - Moms, check in at the Welcome Tent to pick up your complementary raffle ticket and enter for a chance to win specialty gifts from Spring Bloom vendors and wineries.
- Kid’s zone - check out our new and improved Kid's Zone with a bounce house, face painter and balloon artist.
- Olive Oil Tasting - learn the proper way to taste extra virgin olive oil in our top of the line tasting room.