Tomato and Olive Brucetta
September 24, 2013
· 1 small loaf of bakery bread, cut into 3/4 inch slices
· 3 medium tomatoes
· ¾ cup Lucero Olive Oil Kalamata Olives
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
· 1 tablespoon Lucero Arbequina Olive Oil, plus additional for drizzling on bread
· 1 tablespoon Lucero Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Optional: Goat Cheese
Preheat the broiler to low. Place bread on lined baking sheet. Drizzle bread with olive oil. Toast under broiler until lightly golden and crisp.
While bread is toasting, quarter the tomatoes, scoop out and discard seeds. Dice the tomatoes and combine with other ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Top warm bread with tomato and olive mixture, enjoy!
Optional: Spread goat cheese on warm bread and then top with tomato mixture.