You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables
March 5, 2013
- ¾ pound orecchiette
- ½ pound thin asparagus
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise ¼ inch thick
- ½ small eggplant, sliced in rounds 1/4 inch thick
- 7 tablespoons of Lucero’s Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Lucero Olive Oil Pitted Kalamata Olives, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water and drain well. Transfer the orecchiette to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, brush the asparagus, zucchini and eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables in preheated oven: turn the eggplant once, until tender and charred, about 15 minutes, turn the asparagus several times, until crisp and tender, about 20 minutes; turn the zucchini once, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a work surface. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths. Cut the zucchini crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Slice the eggplant rounds in half lengthwise. Add the vegetables to the orecchiette.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the feta cheese, parsley and olives, season with salt and pepper and toss again, then serve.
Make Ahead; The pasta salad can berefrigerated overnight in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature