We've been busy in the kitchen this week cooking up some sweet treats for the 4th. No BBQ would be complete with out ice cream and this is how we are doin' it up here at Lucero.
Lucero's 4th of July Ice Cream
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream With Wild Cherry Balsamic Topping
1/2 c. Lucero Wild Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 c. apple juice
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. dried cherry infused cranberries
1 pint gourmet vanilla bean ice cream
1. Combine all topping ingredients in small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the cranberries and reduce heat to low.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Let topping cool before drizzling over the ice cream.