Pan- Roasted Pink Pepper & Cumin- Rubbed Brazilian Piranha Ribs with Hanson Orchard Red Walnut & Nuturfarm Arugula Gremolata with Mandarin Oranges & Lucero Mandarin Infused Olive Oil Vinaigrette
4 racks of Piranha ribs (can subtitle any fatty white fish like halibut)
1 Tbsp. Cumin seeds, roasted & ground
1 Tbsp. Pink Peppercorns, crushed
Kosher Salt- to taste (for Piranha rub)
4 cups Arugula – washed & dried
4 Mandarin oranges- zest first (reserve for garnish), then peeled and sectioned
4 Tbsp. Reed Walnuts (available through Hanson Orchard)
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 sliced Shallot
¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup Lucero Mandarin Olive Oil
Salt to taste (for vinaigrette)
Chili flake- pinch (for vinaigrette)
Lucero Olio Nuovo Olive Oil- for sauté
- Season piranha ribs with salt then rub with cumin & peppercorns. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette: mix 1 tsp Dijon, pinch of chili flake, shallots, & rice wine vinegar. Then whisk in Lucero mandarin-infused oil, very slowly in a steady slow stream.
- In sauté pan, add walnuts & drizzle with a teaspoon of Olio Nuovo Olive Oil, and salt to taste. Lightly toast over low heat until crispy. Do NOT over toast.
- In a very hot large sauté pan, sear the piranha ribs in olive oil, then place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until tender (approx. 10 minutes).
- While ribs are in oven, toss arugula & oranges in vinaigrette (be sure to include the shallots)
- Place finished ribs on platter and arrange arugula & oranges around them.
- Sprinkle the arugula with toasted red walnuts & drizzle extra vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley leaves, mandarin zest & sea salt.
Farwood Bar & Grill