It’s the last week in June, which means this is our last fresh fruits and veggie post of the month. We know how delicious broccoli can be, but if you have a picky eater on your hands it may be difficult to get them to even take a bite of the “dreaded broccoli”. We are sure with this recipe even the pickiest children will be asking for seconds. So put a new spin on this plain side dish at dinner this week.
Meyer Lemon Broccoli
Makes 4 servings
1 ½ lbs Broccoli Florets
3 Tbsp. Lucero Meyer Lemon EVOO*
½ C. Seasoned Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Fill a large pot halfway with water & bring to a boil.
2. Add broccoli and boil until tender (still a little crisp), approximately 5minuets.
3. Drain broccoli and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Toss with Lucero Meyer Lemon EVOO, to coat.
5. Toast breadcrumbs & cheese in butter, approximately 3-5 minutes, until golden.
6. Pour mixture over broccoli and mix well.
7. Serve immediately.