You have no items in your shopping cart.
Lucero Style Pork Chops
January 28, 2012
- ½ pound fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into ½-inch wedges
- ½ pound carrots (about 5 medium) trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ pound red potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- ½ pound parsnips, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges, root end left intact
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 5 tablespoons Lucero Manzanillo olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops
- ½ fresh lemon (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss fennel, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onion and garlic with 3 tablespoons oregano, 3 tablespoons Lucdero olive oil (more if needed!); squeeze lemon juice over the top; season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in spots, about 35-40 minutes.
- In the meantime take a large skillet and heat 2 tablespoons Lucero olive oil over medium-high. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oregano. In batches, cook until cooked through about 4 minutes per side.