You have no items in your shopping cart.
April 25, 2012
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for pan
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds red barley miso
- 2 Japanese eggplants (12 inches each), trimmed
- 4 limes
- 2 shiso leaves, chopped
- Place olive oil and garlic in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and cook, swirling pan occasionally, until garlic is evenly browned. Remove from heat and transfer garlic to a large bowl. Add red barley miso and whisk until combined; set aside.
- Cube eggplants;
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add eggplant. Sauté Eggplant until outside is crispy and center is soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Squeeze limes over eggplant and transfer to a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons miso mixture and shiso leaves, toss to combine. Serve immediately.