- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Chocolate olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
photo credit: playfulcooking.com
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add one egg at a time and start mixing the dough.
- Then, add vanilla extract, Chocolate olive oil and lemon zest. Give it one final mix and the dough is ready.
- Cover the dough and keep it the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Keep the cookie sheet ready with parchment paper.
- Pour the confectioner’s sugar in a bowl.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Using an ice-cream scooper or a spoon, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and drop in the confectioner’s sugar.
- Roll it in the sugar (Pack it on!) and keep it on the parchment paper.
- Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cookie.
Adapted from Kankana Saxena - playfulcooking.com