2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
12 Tbs Lucero Mandarin Orange Crushed Olive Oil or Lucero Crushed Meyer Lemon
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
3 teaspoons of Lucero White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
1 tube of red and blue piping gel
1. Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
2. Beat olive oil and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until incorporated, slightly yellow, and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, then vanilla. Refrigerate dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out cookies using a round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps once. Transfer to a baking sheet.
4. Bake until edges just start to brown, 17 to 19 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
5. Mix powdered sugar, milk and Lucero White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar to make frosting. Frost cookies with white icing to cover.
6. Immediately using piping gel pipe a red or blue dot in the center of cookie. Then pipe concentric rings of colors around the center dot (using the same color as the dot, or alternating colors).
7. Drag a toothpick through the colors to create bursts, starting from the center dot and working toward the edge. Alternate dragging inward and outward as you work around the cookie. (Or drag around the cookie in 1 direction or curve the lines for a pinwheel effect.) Let dry. Repeat with remaining cookies and icings.