Monthly Archives: June 2014
June 17, 2014
½ pound baby arugula leaves
2 pounds seedless watermelon, ¾-inch-diced (3 pounds with the rind)
¹/³ cup good olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½-pound chunk Parmesan cheese
Place the arugula and watermelon in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place on 6 salad plates.
With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and sprinkle them on the arugula and watermelon. Sprinkle with salt and serve.Adapted from Barefoot Contessa How Easy Was That? by Ina Graten.
June 3, 2014
1/2 cup Lucero balsamic vinegar (we recommend Wild Cherry)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
10 to 12 chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, and soy sauce, in a mixing bowl — then add the chicken drumsticks and marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the skin is caramelized, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil to kill the bacteria. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook over low until thick, about 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the marinade on the cooked chicken and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped parsley.