You have no items in your shopping cart.
Monthly Archives: March 2013
March 5, 2013
- ¾ pound orecchiette
- ½ pound thin asparagus
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise ¼ inch thick
- ½ small eggplant, sliced in rounds 1/4 inch thick
- 7 tablespoons of Lucero’s Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Lucero Olive Oil Pitted Kalamata Olives, coarsely chopped
Make Ahead; The pasta salad can berefrigerated overnight in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water and drain well. Transfer the orecchiette to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, brush the asparagus, zucchini and eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables in preheated oven: turn the eggplant once, until tender and charred, about 15 minutes, turn the asparagus several times, until crisp and tender, about 20 minutes; turn the zucchini once, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a work surface. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths. Cut the zucchini crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Slice the eggplant rounds in half lengthwise. Add the vegetables to the orecchiette.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the feta cheese, parsley and olives, season with salt and pepper and toss again, then serve.
February 28, 2013
- 2 tablespoons Lucero White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Little Thief Sweet Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Lucero Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 (3-ounce) links chicken apple sausage, cooked and sliced diagonally
- 4 ounces medium cheddar cheese
- 3 slices Brown Soda Bread, each cut in half
- 2 ounces cornichons
- 1 jar of Lucero Roasted Tomato Tapenade
- ¼ cup of Lucero Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Slowly drizzle oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add lettuce; toss to coat. Arrange salad on a platter with sausage, cheese, Brown Soda Bread, and cornichons.
- Drain Roasted Tomato Tapenade and stir together with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and brown sugar to make Chutney, place mixture in a bowl; add to platter.