Enjoy some of summer's freshest veggies in this light and refreshing orzo salad.
Summer Fresh Orzo Salad
1 1/2 c. Dried Orzo Pasta
1lb. Fresh Green Beans
3 Ears of Corn
2 c. Cherry Tomatoes rinsed, stemmed, and sliced in half
1/2c. Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 c. Lucero Basil Olive Oil
1/2 c. Minced Shallots
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tsp. Dried Basil
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring about 2 qts. of water to boil in a 4-5qt. pot. While water is boiling, rinse green beans, trim the ends and cut in half. Add beans to boiling water until almost tender, remove, immerse in cold water, and drain.
2. Fill the same pot with 2.5-3 qts. of water and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook until tender, about 8-10 minuets. Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain again.
3. While the beans and pasta cool, husk the corn. Remove silk and rinse. Slice kernels off into a bowl.
4. Make dressing: Whisk together, vinegar, olive oil, shallots, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper.
5. In a large bowl combine cooked orzo with a 1/2 c. of dressing. Mix well, add more salt and pepper to taste and then level the pasta.
6. Layer corn, green beans, and then tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate, until ready to serve. Chill remaining dressing separately.
7. Right before you serve the salad, add remaining dressing and any additional salt and pepper. Mix well and serve immediately.