To kick off the start of the Canoe/Kayak events we have made Olympic Zucchini Canoes. Enjoy these delicious appetizers while watching the races this evening.
Olympic Zucchini Canoes
Fontina or Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Basil (1 bunch)
1/4 c. Grated Parmesan
1 c. Bread Crumbs
2 Cloves of Garlic
Lucero Basil Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom so they fit in a glass baking dish.
2. Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon.
3. Combine crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a dish, then brush surface of the zucchini with mixture.
4. Halve grape tomatoes and arrange inside hulled zucchini, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove and place diced fontina or mozzarella in between the tomatoes.
6. Place them back in the oven, but now under the broiler until golden and bubbling.